Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ron Santo


I am so saddened to hear of Ron Santo's passing. He was an Icon for every die-hard Cubs fan. My Dad was a die-hard Cubs fan as I have been now for many years. My Greatest memory was watching Cubs games with my dad only to have him mute the TV to listen to Ron Santo on the radio. Ron is #1 in MY Baseball Hall of Fame!!
Ron Santo played 15 Major League seasons. A star third baseman and part of the Cubs teams of the 1960s with Hall of Famers Ernie Banks and Billy Williams and Fergie Jenkins, many believe Santo should be in the Hall himself. And he played all of those games as a Type 1 diabetic. Santo was diagnosed at age 18 but didn't reveal his condition to teammates for years. Then he became a heartfelt broadcaster who couldn't help cheering his team from the radio booth for 21 more years. We will miss you Ron. #10

No comments:

Post a Comment